Benefits & Pension Administrator - 1 Year Contract
Victoria or Toronto
• Manages and oversees the Benefit and Pension activities and programs.
• Provide guidance to 3rd party carriers, employees, supervisors and managers on methods and approaches to resolve benefit and pension issues.
• Provide financial reporting and reconciliation of Benefit and Pension accounts through GL Responsibilities Provide excellent customer service and administration for:
1. Group Benefits: Respond to and resolve incoming questions on all aspects of benefits plan, from the benefit contract through disability management. Liaise with 3rd party carrier regarding management of on-line system, claims resolution, and reconciliation of monthly billing statements.
2. Disability Management: Liaising with employee, manager, 3rd party carrier and payroll ensuring appropriate documentation is processed. Co-ordination of leaves including Maternity, Leaves of Absence and Illness/Injury moving to Long Term Disability.
3. Pension Administration: Provide employee support; prepare notifications of eligibility to join the plan; liaise with 3rd party carrier on new applications and terminations.
4. HRIS Administration: Benefits Administrator Role; approves benefit changes and assists employees with enrolment and life status changes.
5. HR Administration:
- Process all new hire and termination benefit paperwork.
- Assist new hires and employees with any benefits or claims issues or questions and completion of required forms.
- Verify, reconcile and approve monthly vendor invoices.
- Administration of medical, dental, life, STD and LTD
- Coordinates with Payroll and HR as needed to maintain accurate employee records
- Employee communications on benefits
- Maintain Benefits files
- Other duties as assigned Problem Solving To resolve employee issues within program guidelines. Any issues that do not conform to procedure and policy are referred to the Manager, Human Resources.
- Degree in business, Canadian Certified Employee Benefits Specialist or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of five years proven direct experience in working with benefit and pension plans, handling employee/customer queries, working with benefit contracts and pension plan documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with people and situations within and outside the organization
- High degree of discretion and diplomacy to deal with sensitive/confidential matters
- Excellent data management and analytical skills, attention to detail to deliver quality work
- Strong organizational skills required to identify priority actions, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, elevate critical issues and follow up.
- Proficiency with a variety of personal computers and pertinent systems and software packages. (Microsoft Office, Outlook, industry standard software applications)
Please send Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with "Benefits & Pension Administrator" in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05/01/2013