Calgary or Edmonton
- National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the DFC Global Corp. a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for a Regional Trainer to join our team in either Edmonton or Calgary, AB. The Regional Trainer is responsible for facilitating New Hire Training Program (NHTP) and Management Development Program (MDP) classes, coaching and supporting Part-time Trainers and CSR coaches, and providing support and consultation to District Managers regarding training activities. The work requires understanding and building company service values while aligning employees with business drivers and goals. Training and coaching will focus on new employee, leadership skills, corporate initiatives and compliance training.
- Follows-up on in-store training activities and shares findings with District Manager
- Assists in identifying learning needs within the Region/District and helps identify appropriate remediation
- Collects, assesses and submits all training program feedback (verbal and/or written) to the Manager, Training & Development
- Helps facilitate open communication and a positive culture with field staff
- Conduct continuous evaluation, assessment and revision of training practices and programs, and make improvements manage several training initiatives simultaneously
- Supports Franchise training needs as required, and ensures that appropriate protocols and forms are utilized
- Conducts any additional training initiatives as directed by Learning & Development
- Travel will be required
- Ensures all training programs are delivered consistently and in accordance with national standards
- Observes sessions delivered by Part Time Trainers, provides feedback, coaching and guidance on areas requiring improvement
- Observes in-branch training delivered by Customer Service Representative Coaches (CSRC), provides feedback, coaching and guidance on areas requiring improvement
- Facilitates NHTP courses when required
- Effectively facilitates CSRC training, Train-the-Trainer, some MDP courses, and any other training as requested by Regional Vice President (RVP) or District Managers (DM) or assigned by Manager, Training & Development
- Works with DMs and Branch Managers (BM) to ensure new hires complete all elements of NHTP and all required assessments
- Plans monthly regional training calendars, ensures offerings support corporate requirements and District needs
- Works with District Managers to ensure that an adequate number of skilled, committed Part Time Trainers and CSR Coaches are in place to support the needs of the Districts
- Consults regularly with District Managers to identify training needs and ensure that training standards are being upheld in all stores
- Identifies and communicates operational and performance management issues not being addressed to District Managers
- Supports and assists with training program tests and ensures new initiatives are implemented within specified launch dates
- Minimum 1 year training experience.
- Education in one or more of the following: Master Trainer certification, Certificate in Adult & Continuing Education, Certified Training Practitioner or Certified Training and Development Professional.
- Internal applicants must have completed all core CSR courses and ideally, all Store Manager courses. Completion of the CSR Coaching course, and internal Train the Trainer course preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and provide feedback.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects/priorities concurrently.
- Technically proficient in using MS Office products.
- Demonstrated support and assistance in the development of employees through a variety of training initiatives. Experience using the basic principles of adult education to deliver and/or develop training opportunities an asset.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting “Regional Trainer” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 03/31/2013