National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are seeking Staff Accountant to join our team in Victoria, BC. This position is responsible for balance sheet account reconciliations, month end accounting, retail product monitoring, general accounting duties and other assignments as requested for both US and Canadian operations.
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of supporting documentation
- Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers (e.g. Bank, A/R) and monthly reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Timely month end reporting and account variance resolution
- Analyze accounts and investigate variances through the resolution process in an organized and efficient manner
- Identify and report systems/accounting issues to Managers
- Daily monitoring of third party balance sheet accounts (e.g. Western Union) and timely follow up and resolution of variances
- Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries
- Track and reconcile store product inventories (e.g. phone cards, bus passes, etc)
- Respond to queries from other internal departments as well as liaising with external third parties
- Accounting certificate or diploma and/or enrolled in CGA/CMA program.
- Minimum 3 years in accounting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of financial information in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Great Plains web based reconciliation tool (Assurenet) an asset
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources, quoting "Staff Accountant" in the subject line to email@example.com
Closing Date: 12/18/2012