Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and preparation of supporting documentation
- Maintenance of assigned sub-ledgers (e.g. Bank, A/R) and monthly reconciliation of the sub-ledger to the general ledger
- Timely month end reporting and account variance resolution
- Analyze accounts and investigate variances through the resolution process in an organized and efficient manner
- Identify and report systems/accounting issues to Managers
- Daily monitoring of third party balance sheet accounts (e.g. Western Union) and timely follow up and resolution of variances
- Preparation of daily and monthly journal entries
- Track and reconcile store product inventories (e.g. phone cards, bus passes, etc)
- Respond to queries from other internal departments as well as liaising with external third parties
- Other accounting projects as identified
- Accounting certificate or diploma and/or enrolled in CGA/CMA program.
- Minimum 3 years in accounting.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products (strong Excel skills)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of financial information in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with Great Plains accounting software an asset
- Familiarity with web based reconciliation tool (Assurenet) an asset
Apply Through Link:
Closing Date: 08/31/2014