Human Resources Associate (1-year term)
Victoria or Toronto
- Act as the onsite HR contact for the Victoria corporate office team to ensure they are receiving appropriate day-to-day HR support and follow-up as required
- "Educate", interpret and provide advice to corporate office regarding relevant Human Resources policy, employment best practices, and legislation
- To act as first line of defense on items related to HR, Employee Relations, and development plans for key talent in the office (and field as required)
- To coordinate and assist in the implementation and communication of new HR initiatives as requiredInput/maintain Victoria office and select Field Support employee files
- Maintain accurate, up to date, and complete personnel records, both physical and electronic.
- Complete employee related paperwork for all Victoria office staff
- Coordinate awards and employee engagement programs (i.e. Long Service Awards, Bright Ideas) – ensure associated invoices are signed off and processed
- Participate in recruitment activities for Victoria Corporate office, including postings, distribution of qualified applicant resumes, pre-screen interviews, reference checks, etc.
- Update Emergency Response plan zone list and email updated copies to all responsible supervisors. Identify emergency supervisor replacements for each ERP zone.
- Responsible for LAN ID ACCESS and coordinating with Tech Support for the field and Head Office.
- Provide assistance with clerical and technical support for HR activities.
- Assist the Learning and Development Department with administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in business, specialization in human resource management an asset
- CHRP designation or working towards one is an asset
- Minimum three years of proven HR support at the administrative and generalist level
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with people and situations within and outside the organization
- High degree of discretion and diplomacy to deal with sensitive/confidential matters
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Attention to detail to deliver quality work
- Strong organizational skills required to identify priority actions, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects, elevate critical issues and follow up
- Proficiency with a variety of personal computers and pertinent systems and software packages. (Microsoft Office, Outlook, industry standard software applications)
Please send Resume & Cover Letter to Careers@MoneyMart.ca with "HR Associate" in the subject line
Closing Date: 05/31/2013