Victoria, Toronto, Berwyn PA, Salt Lake City, UT.
Money Mart has been helping Canadians with their financial needs for over 25 years. Whether you need a payday loan, your cheque cashed, or simply need to exchange some foreign currency, Money Mart is here to serve you. With branches open late across Canada, it’s easy to see why more and more people choose us for fast, friendly, hassle-free solutions.
At Money Mart, we know that our employees are the key to our success. With over 460 stores in Canada, and locations internationally in the UK, the US, and expanding throughout Europe, opportunities for career growth and development with us are endless. As part of Dollar Financial Group, Inc., Money Mart’s reach is international, but our focus, is local; at every counter, and with every customer that we serve.
We hire smart, business savvy, people who get a thrill from helping our customers meet their personal and financial goals. We offer amazing training programs, world class benefits, great personal incentives and lots of other cool perks. If you are looking to flex your sales skills, and want to join a diverse, fun and dynamic team we have the job that you have been looking for.
At Money Mart, you can learn, grow and thrive…. So what are you waiting for????
The Instructional Designer is responsible for developing curriculum, then designing online and instructor led courses for an audience ranging from retail CSRs to managers across North America. In order to do this effectively, this position will need to learn business content and systems applications quickly, then set curriculum and learning objectives and design courses that take advantage of a blended instructional methodology (online, classroom and peer-to-peer learning).
The work requires understanding and building company service values while aligning employees with business drivers and goals. Some of the training development will focus on leadership skills, corporate initiatives and compliance training. We are looking for a Instructional Designer to join our team in Victoria BC, Toronto ON, Berwyn PA, and Salt Lake City UT.
Develop and Design Courses
- conduct comprehensive training needs and occupational analysis, and identify priorities, content and instructional methodologies
- partner and maintain strong interaction with subject matter experts and other team members to create, review and revise material - value others’ input, expertise and diversity
- create and follow an end-to-end training development plan
- develop interactive, engaging training experiences by applying the principles of learning, including:
- addressing trainees` past experiences and expertise
- building content sequentially
- using experiential and interactive training techniques
- helping trainees apply training content to their jobs
- creating contextualized practice and assessment opportunities
- identify opportunities and activities to promote transfer of learning before, during, and after formal training experiences
- ensure training content is accurate and that it supports identified competency requirements
- develop and publish all collateral training documents, utilizing plain language writing techniques
- pilot courses with an appropriate audience
- Evaluate Training Courses
- Conduct continuous evaluation, assessment and revision of training practices, and make improvements
- Research and prepare reports on training issues for submission to the Manager
- Manage the training development of several program areas simultaneously
- Act as Ambassador of Money Mart’s Culture, Policies and Goals
- University degree in Education or Instructional Design
- Minimum 3 years experience in instructional design with experience in writing e-learning course content, in a corporate setting
- Experience designing and developing many computer-based and instructor led courses
- Applied understanding of the principles of pedagogy and instructional design
- Demonstrated ability to create courses for a blended training program (via a portfolio)
- Demonstrated plain language writing skills (via a portfolio)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Technically proficient in using MS Office products, graphic design tools, and e-learning authoring tools
- Instructional Design/Course development in a corporate environment is a must
- Instructional Design/ Course development in a retail setting is preferred
Apply Through link below:
Closing Date: 10/31/2014