National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join our team at our head office in Victoria, BC. The financial analyst must demonstrate initiatives and independence thinking to identify issues, to analyze issues, and to problem solve. Must be able to use tools such as Excel, Great Plains and the company OLAP Cubes to assist in the analysis.
- Provide analytical support to Senior Analysts and Director.
- P&L analysis responsibility for Canadian retail and corporate operations.
- Prepare daily and monthly financial and operational reports and presentations.
- Maintain budget/forecast supporting files on an on-going basis.
- Assist in the budgeting and forecasting process and analysis.
- Conduct general ledger accounts analysis.
- Provide actual to forecast/budget variance analysis and explanations.
- Provide timely response to ad-hoc requests.
- Understand and monitor revenue and expense trends.
- Business, Finance or Accounting degree and/or professional accounting student.
- 1-3 years work experience in accounting or financial analysis.
- A quick learner with strong analytical abilities, problem solving, judgment, and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with Great Plains or other accounting software an asset.
- Team player who works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
Please send resume and cover letter quoting subject "Financial Analyst" to email@example.com.
Closing Date: 11/19/2012