Corporate Regional Loss Prevention Manager
Greater Vancouver Area
National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are seeking a full time Corporate Regional Loss Prevention Manager for British Columbia. This position will be based in the Greater Vancouver Area. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager must ensure business continuation needs are always top of mind. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager’s mandate is to proactively reduce and mitigate net losses through prevention programs, audit programs, training support and incident response.
Recommend changes and upgrades to company security procedures in response to trends and incidents to the National Loss Prevention Manager
Conduct ongoing loss prevention training in the field.
Other duties as required by the National Loss Prevention Manager
Strong working knowledge of OHS (part 28) Excel, Microsoft Office, Windows applications.
Possess a valid full (non-graduated) driver’s license.
Knowledge of French (verbal and written) strongly preferred.
- Develop strong partnership & liaise with Law Enforcement agencies and bank security personnel as necessary.
- Actively investigate and gather evidence of unlawful activity and breaches of company Policy & Procedure.
- Prepare written reports on Internal / External incidents to Company Executives and Police entities.
- Build & maintain a positive and supportive partnership with field management and staff.
- Execute Loss Prevention audit program regionally.
- Execute shortage/loss awareness programs.
- Communicate fraud alerts to all business platforms when necessary.
- Develop, review and act on various Exception Reports.
- Periodically attend Regional and DM meetings to present LP/fraud trends and means of prevention. Assist store management in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
- A Degree or Diploma in Criminology or other Social Sciences
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an investigative role, Loss Prevention or Law Enforcement with emphasis on commercial fraud related investigations and financial auditing. Note: a minimum of two years experience at NMM Branch Manager level or higher, will be accepted.
- Experience in fraud investigations (Internal and external), financial forensic analysis and review and auditing.
- Proficiency in Incident Report Writing (certification preferred)
- Proven capability in Interviewing and Interrogating (certification preferred)
- Independent, self-starter with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in physical security systems (Digital video, alarms, and exception reports)
- Strong understanding of the Bills of Exchange Act, Privacy Act and the Canadian Criminal Code
Email your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting "Regional Loss Prevention Manager" in the subject line.
Closing Date: 01/31/2014