Compliance Team Lead, Tax Processing Centre
National Money Mart Company is a subsidiary of the Dollar Financial Group Inc., a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - DLLR) and the largest convenience-based financial services company in the world. Since 1982, we have trained thousands in the art of outstanding customer service while providing financial solutions for millions of Canadians from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Compliance Team Lead, Tax Processing Centre to join us in Victoria, BC.
- Complete and Monitor Pre-Assessment requests (February-April) from Canada Revenue Agency through compliance workflow processes.
- Complete and Monitor Post-Assessment requests (July-Oct) from Canada Revenue Agency through compliance workflow processes.
- Complete and Monitor Store Audit Requests April-July) from Canada Revenue Agency through compliance workflow processes.
- Complete and Monitor new store registration and licensing for Canada Revenue Agency for Discounting licensing and E-File Licensing and escalate any issues to TPC Manager.
- Complete and Monitor the tracking of Netfile licensing with Revenu Quebec and escalate any issues to TPC Manager.
- Ensure requests from CRA are recorded and tracked in spreadsheet.
- Ensure customers are contacted to acquire additional documents and information as required if documents cannot be obtained by current documents on hand.
- Ensure stores are contacted to produce copies of documentation as required.
- Ensure response to all CRA requests for forms and information are submitted before deadlines.
- Monitor the registration and licensing process of corporate and franchise EasyTax stores.
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Tax Preparation or Tax Law course work an asset
- Ability to lead a small team through peak work loads
- Experience processing personal income taxes
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Experience with CRA assessment reviews an asset
- Experience communicating with government bodies an asset
- Ensure all Efile Audit packages are prepared and submitted to the CRA before deadlines.
- Communicate with the TPC Manager regarding the outcome of pre-assessment review files and provide feedback on trending issues.
Fax your resume and cover letter to the attention of Human Resources at 250-412-3085, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 11/30/2013