MONEY MART® RECOGNIZES THE IMPORTANCE OF
CUSTOMERS’ RIGHT TO PRIVACY AND ADHERES TO THE FOLLOWING KEY PRINCIPLES:
• MONEY MART is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated individuals to be accountable for the organization’s compliance.
• The purposes for which personal information is collected will be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
• Knowledge and consent will be obtained for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, except where deemed inappropriate.
• The collection of personal information is limited to that
which is related to the purposes identified by MONEY MART.
• Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the customer or as required by law.
• Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that personal
information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as
is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
• Personal information will be protected by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
• Information is available to customers regarding MONEY MART’s policies and procedures relating to the management of personal information.
• Upon request, and within a reasonable period of time, a customer will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information. A customer is entitled to comment on the accuracy and completeness of his or her personal information, and have that information amended where appropriate.
• A customer can address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to MONEY MART’s designated Privacy Officer.
401 Garbally Road
Victoria, BC V8T 5M3